Saturday 29 September 2012

Female Muscle, Vanity and Fantasy

The sprinter has the time to race against. The weightlifter has the weights. The bodybuilder only has the mirror.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

narcissism (noun)
excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance

imagebam.com

Are female bodybuilders all narcissists? It wouldn’t be too surprising to find that many of them (and their male counterparts) are. After all, if bodybuilding isn’t all about taking interest in oneself and one’s physical appearance, what is it?

They may have changed, transformed, from a body they are not happy with to a body they are ecstatic about. They want to show the world. Have you ever seen a woman who recently had plastic surgery not exhibit cleavage, or a new hairdo wear a hat?

imagebam.com

A little while back, I referred to a clip of Denise Masino and Tatianna Butler on a US TV show in which at one point Tatiana says one person per household walking around half-naked, unable to walk past a mirror without flexing, was her limit, that there was only room in her life for one narcissist: herself.

imagebam.com

Right from the beginning of my interest in female muscle, I found images of muscular women gazing at their own muscles while they flexed especially stimulating. The idea, confirmed by Tatiana, that the women enjoyed looking at themselves as much as I enjoyed looking at them was, and still is, a turn-on. And I don’t want that fantasy to be eroded by evidence suggesting otherwise.

imagebam.com

Nevertheless, I fearlessly researched the subject for this post, but came across very little evidence either way – as usual there has been so much more written about the subject regarding male bodybuilders. When I did find something that suggested vanity on the part of a muscular woman, it aroused me. Evidence suggesting insecurity was easy to ignore.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

In general, what I found was that competitive muscle women love themselves most at the point where they achieve their contest look. Every bit of their hard work is on show. They are literally all muscle.

I was getting ready for a show and I was about two weeks out. I was having sex; specifically I was giving this persona a blow-job. I was in front of the mirror when I noticed the arm I was propped on was tensed and all the muscles running down my arm were flexed. I couldn't take my eyes off myself. I was in my GLORY. I temporarily forgot what I was doing and I was so caught up in how good I looked. I must have been gazing at my image for a long time when my companion interrupted my moment by clearing his throat and in a slightly annoyed/half amused tone was like ‘Hi, hello...remember me? Are you through checking yourself out, or am I in your way?'

imagebam.com

On the other hand, competition time is also judgement time. Standing on a stage having your body scrutinised by the judges, the audience and your peers probably isn’t the best way to keep your insecurities under control, I imagine. But if it’s true that being in contest shape brings out more insecurity than confidence, I frankly don’t want to know about it. Let’s talk about something else…

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Better even than an image of a muscular woman gazing at herself is self-worship; stroking, squeezing, kissing or licking her muscles. This takes it to a whole new level. It’s no longer enough for her to just look at herself, she is compelled to touch. It’s irresistible – both for her and for me.

self-worship (noun)
idiolatry, the worship of yourself

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

My self-worship Queen is Dena Westerfield, who seemed to go through a period a few years back when she couldn’t pose for a camera for more than a couple of seconds without touching herself up and planting a big smacker on a bicep. In a classic Awefilms clip, she spends quality time in a hotel room with just a mirror for company, and you get the impression that’s how she spends all her evenings when she’s on the road, and most of her evenings at home for good measure. All an act? If it is, it’s a very convincing one, and one that I’m all too ready to believe!

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

The moral of the story? Well, when she’s looking in the mirror at the gym there’s a good chance she’s checking herself out, but if it helps you to believe that she’s actually checking you out, then believe, but if, like me, you find the idea that she can’t wait to get home, disrobe and spend the rest of the evening gazing at herself in the mirror, believe that instead. When all is said and done, a fantasy is just that, and it’s better it remains so.

imagebam.com

Check out the Tatiana and Denise interview here.
The quote I paraphrase is at about 3.30.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent article, female muscle slave. This was just about what i was looking for in the blogs. We are all bored with blogs that are full with images of FBBs, (but thats where we spend a lot of time too). I enjoyed reading the entire story/article with the explanation.
    Who was the FBB giving a blow job just 2 weeks out for her competition? You haven't named and I am just too curious to know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Female Might, thanks for your kind words. It means a lot to hear that from another female muscle blogger whose writing I admire. I've been waiting for you to update your blog - any plans to do so?

      Feel free to email me at 6ft1swell@gmail.com. It would be a pleasure to correspond with you.

      And to answer your question: Roxanne Edwards. The full article it's taken from is on the links page - Sex Muscle and Power, Female Bodybuilders and Their Sexuality. It's well worth a read!

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    indeed this was a wonderful topic!
    I share your taste 100%. This narcissism aspect of fbbs turn me on most, too.
    This attitude to simply exist only to create and build your own body, to stare and admirer your own physique in mirrows, films, pics, its good and bad parts, this desire of fbbs to phantasise about their muscles and their future (improved) look... its just what I want my girl to do 24/7/365 :-)

    I also enjoyed the text of Roxanne Edwards blowjob and actually I wished it was happend to me (well, we all do).
    Thanks again for this great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcus,

      Many thanks for reading and taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want to chat more, please get in touch at 6ft1swell@gmail.com - seems we have the same take on this, so we might find we have even more in common!

      Look forward to hearing from you soon.

      David

      Delete