Friday 28 June 2013

Domestic (Muscle) Goddess of the Day

MMMARTHE SUNDBY: A Passion for Life

imagebam.com

You've probably had enough of muscle women doing nothing but standing in their kitchen this week, so as a reward for all your patience, a bit more variety today as FMS features one of its current female muscle favourites, former speedskater and national bodybuilding champion of Norway, the mouth-watering Marthe Sundby.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

But first, the food. Pre-contest diet for Marthe consists, pretty much, of chicken and rice: Chicken and rice all the time. Oatmeal with protein for breakfast. Chicken and rice rest of the day. Seven meals of chicken and rice, and maybe some vegetables! When I get sick of chicken and rice, sometimes I vary with a little roast cod.

imagebam.com

Not that she's complaining though. This is my 'passion in life'. I love to exercise, love to be in motion. I am very fond of muscles, she says. And I am very very fond of Marthe's muscles. Probably a bit too fond.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

To be honest, I could look at pictures of Marthe watching paint dry and I'd be happy, but I couldn't find any of those while researching this post. What I did find though, was the rather surprising news that Marthe is single (well, she was according to an article on a Norweigian website in October 2012 anyway).

imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

I also discovered less happy news. Having been Norweigian champ in 2006, Marthe was diagnosed with cancer the following year. I had one foot in the grave, she says, but I fought back. Her win at the National Championships of Norway in 2012 was her first contest back after the battle. And she won.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

She's living proof of the benefits of exercise (and proper EATING). Now 38, Marthe shows no signs of giving up her 'passion for life' anytime soon. And that, I think, is VERY good news.

imagebam.com

I couldn't find a clip of Marthe cooking, so here's an understandably shaky clip (I'd be bloody shaking if I was watching her on stage) of pre-cancer Marthe winning the Norweigian championships in 2006...



And a clip of Marthe training from last year...



What a woman! And a single woman...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment