Saturday 27 September 2014

"My Olympia": Contributions Wanted!

I'd LOVE to be able to say that I spent much of the Olympia weekend glued to the Bodybuilding.com webcast, enjoying uninterrupted coverage of the finest female bodies on the planet for hours and hours on end.

And I'd LOVE to be able to say I watched it all with my wife beside me. She wet herself laughing at the physique MEN with their funny Bermuda shorts (is male physique just bodybuilding for leg day skippers or what?), but she had wet herself in a very different way by the time Juliana Malacarne performed her Saturday evening routine.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

And I'd LOVE to be able to say that when all the physique routines were over, and we'd put some of our clothes back on, she turned to me and told me that while she could never imagine getting as big as the women we'd watched together on Friday (and she had enjoyed how turned on I'd been by them, by the way, LOVED it), Juliana, Dana Linn, Tycie et al had impressed her so much that she wanted to build a physique competitor's body, "though I may have to start out by competing in figure".



Well, my Olympia weekend didn't quite pan out like that. Saturday was my favourite uncle's 70th birthday, celebrated with a big family lunch near his home. I wouldn't have missed it for the world, but the eight-hour round trip to get there and back in a day made it impossible for me to see more than twenty minutes of the show live.



This was on Saturday morning (so Friday evening in Vegas), when I got up a tad earlier than was absolutely necessary in order to surreptitiously catch some of the precious live stream while the wife was still slumbering. What I saw was the fitness competitors getting their awards (which was fine, though it wouldn't have been my FIRST choice) - sound off, of course - and then, with the big girls imminent... the wife's alarm goes off.

By the time we got back from my uncle's - and don't get me wrong, a smashing time was had by all - it was late, and I was exhausted from the driving. The wife crashed immediately, so the opportunity was there for a little indulgence, but it would have meant injecting caffeine into my own eyeballs to stay awake, so I made do with a quick check of the results - Iris again... Nicole Wilkins again... Alana Shipp 4th!!! - and, knowing full well the webcast replays would be available soon, I hit the hay.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

I drifted off, wondering how other female muscle heads had spent their weekends.

And so, as is so often the case when FMS takes a little break, we're back with a question for you, our lovely readers - and we really really want to know the answer...

HOW WAS YOUR OLYMPIA?



Obviously, if you were actually there we'd like to hear all about it - and let's face it, if you were there you would probably want to tell because then you'd get all the brethren writing to let you know how jealous they are: you'd be THE MAN!



If you weren't there, was it the webcast + box of man-size tissues scenario some of our readers were kind enough to share with us in the week before the Olympia? (see comments on Ms Olympia 2014: The Line-up). If so, how was it for you? Did the single box prove sufficient? Who was responsible for the biggest mess? Did you manage to get through it all without passing out and/or needing medical attention?



Or did you have a similar experience to mine - surreptitiously snatching what you could while getting on with all the other real life stuff that most weekends consist of?

Or, best of all (I do sometimes wonder how many - if any - of the women read this!), might as well ask, one never knows... were you competing? Would you care to share your Olympia experience, whether it was your first time or not?

Whatever your story, whatever "Your Olympia" was, please do get in touch.

What I'm hoping for is a snapshot of what the female muscle lovin' world was doing while the beautiful female muscle elite were doing their elite female muscle thing.

If that's something you'd be interested in contributing to, then go ahead and use the comment box below, or just email directly to 6ft1swell@gmail.com.

As ever, complete anonymity is guaranteed if you want it that way.

You've got till Friday - to be honest, any time will do - but I'd really like to be able to post some of your stories the week after this one, so that's the deadline for now.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
6ft1swell

2 comments:

  1. I just sended a mail to your mailbox! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ozzy!

      First of many stories I hope...

      Delete