Monday 19 January 2015

Svensk Muskel: Ronja Henmyr

I'm not a fitness girl. I only have a crush for iron.

imagebam.com

I first came across 26-year-old Ronja on the peerless PumpItUp's Female Muscle at the beginning of last year. I was floored, not just by those big biceps, but also by her stunning, sultry beauty. And I wasn't alone in my appreciation. The forum boards lit up for her briefly but brightly. What a perfect and beautiful woman! said one (thoroughly representative) post. "Love her arms!" "Luscious!" "Amazing!" said others.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

The fact that the buzz has died down significantly is probably due to the fact that Ronja is not interested in photo shoots. She's not interested in competing. She's not interested in becoming a pro, and doesn't see bodybuilding as a career to follow.

imagebam.com

By the time PumpItUp had alerted me to Ronja's charms, she had already made her one and only competitive appearance. At the December Cup in Sweden in (surprise, surprise) December 2013 she finished 6th in the Women's Physique Division.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

She revealed on her Instagram that it was not an experience she wanted to go through again. It feels so good to just take the day as it comes. I'm thankful that I carried through the competition. But I have realized that it's not my thing to compete. I don't feel the dedication for the sport like so many other people do. Too much hard work for such a long period of time and my body and mind reacted very badly. And I had to cut a lot of people out of my life temporarily... I don't feel that it's worth it.

imagebam.com

Clearly there is a link here to Ronja's (slightly younger and better-known) contemporary Sexy Sophie Arvebrink, who also shows no desire to compete. We could also draw a parallel with one of Ronja's biggest inspirations, FMS fave Heidi Vuorela (Finnish, but based in Sweden), who, like Ronja, has competed, but doesn't seem interested in doing so again. I'm still very impressed by all the people that do compete in this. It's fascinating, says Ronja. But I just want to feel free as a spirit. Eat a lot of food and eat whatever I want. And lift heavy as hell at the gym. Maybe I will compete in something else. But for now you won't see me on that stage again.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

In the meantime, Ronja is content to be to others what Heidi Vuorela is to her: I hope to inspire at least 1 person to a healthier lifestyle. With over 5,000 Instagram followers, I think it's safe to say that this beautiful, and in many ways archetypal, young Swedish female bodybuilder has already achieved that and much much more.

imagebam.com

Njut!

No comments:

Post a Comment