Wednesday 21 October 2015

FBBUK: Gemma Illingworth

imagebam.com

I know that "beauty" is all subjective and that, lawd knows that female bodybuilding fans all know that it's "in the eye of the beholder" etc., but in a week packed with stunningly beautiful British female muscle (excuse me while I pat myself on the back for a second... there, done) I think I may have found the most beautiful of all...

imagebam.com

Say hello to Gemma Illingworth.

imagebam.com

Seriously, if you are looking for a woman, an inspiration to your woman perhaps, to banish worries that weight training is going to make her look unfeminine, who needs convincing it isn't going to make her "look like a man", then you have found her.

imagebam.com

So, the unbelievably gorgeous Gemma asks her Instagram followers, chicks that lift look bulky and never look feminine!?!?!? I beg to differ. I do 2 weight sessions a day and I think it's safe to say I am still feminine and I'm definitely not bulky.

imagebam.com

There is exactly four years between a these pictures, Gemma tells us. First was from the days when running on a treadmill was my way of training, second picture is purely lifting weights and clean diet. I worked my ass off for this and I'm pushing now for even better results. Exactly four years and not exactly "unfeminine", is she?

imagebam.com

In 2014 you would have found Gemma competing at the UKBFF Leeds in the Bikini division, but this year she's moved to the IBFA and "Trained Figure". Now if you're unfamiliar with the IBFA and want to know more, then have a quick read of our post from June, but all you need to know now is that IBFA Trained Figure girls flex!

imagebam.com

And here is the lovely Gemma, getting her flex on at the IBFA Saxon Classic back in April, where she came 2nd. Christ I miss that stage, she said more recently.

imagebam.com

Well, good news is she won't have to wait much longer now before she's up there again because she's competing at the IBFA York Open on November 7th. Tickets (for you and the woman in your life who needs convincing perhaps) are on sale now!

imagebam.com

Gemma has a bit more than most to deal with when it comes to nutrition as she suffers from Crohn's disease. And she's also had to deal with the death of a very close friend in the last few months, so we genuinely wish her nothing but happy times ahead.

imagebam.com

Do you think she might have been a model once upon a time?!

imagebam.com

I miss my abs as cut as this. I honestly can't wait to get this shredded again, she says. And I'm guessing you might like to follow Bradford's most beautiful as she cuts right up again for the York show via her Instagram and/or Facebook and/or Twitter.

imagebam.com

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment