Tuesday 29 April 2014

The Look of Love: Abs

imagebam.com
Natalia Kovalyova willing her six-pack into existence

There are plenty of women out there with naturally well-developed calves. Fewer women are naturally blessed with stronger and ever so slightly muscular arms. These and other women with some natural muscularity fool my female muscle radar on a regular basis. But as far as I know, there aren't any women on the planet with naturally defined six-pack abs - and please, if I'm wrong do tell me where they are).

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

It's not surprising there is so much navel-gazing (if you'll forgive the pun) going on in the female muscle world. Every single one of these cut and sexy women have put in hours, weeks, months and years of effort in order to achieve their magnificent midriffs. Early morning alarms, intense and painful workouts, the discipline of the diet... The sense of achievement must be immense. But not only that, a woman wouldn't even try to get a ripped midsection unless she thought it was, among other things, a sexy look.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Remember the NPC competitor on Tumblr who we quoted the other day saying how she felt so fat off-season, how she always wanted to look like she did two days before a contest? (see The Look of Love: Mirror, Mirror). Well, in our offerings today we have women who are in or around contest shape, women who are pretty much 100% happy with how their bodies, their muscles, and, in particular, their abs are looking.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Here we are again with female bodybuilders at their happiest at or around competition time (perhaps the night before not so much, but generally). And by the way some of these ladies you see here are looking at themselves and their musclelicious bellies, 'happy' may not be the most accurate word to use. It's "The Look of Love" again!

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com


And Swell loves that look, yes I do. But with summer approaching here in the UK (not very fast, but approaching nonetheless) I'm fearing for my female muscle radar. Summer is the time of bare midriffs. Teens mostly, but the occasional woman in her twenties who thinks she has a toned tummy but doesn't are both going to soon be liable to flash the flesh in the heat of the summer. And that means more false alarms for my poor radar. Even worse, there are the women who are actually fat but just don't care letting it all hang out. No radar issue there, but I have an issue with that. What I don't see - it may be going on elsewhere my friends, but it certainly ain't going on here I can tell you - is fit and muscular ladies baring themselves in the abdominal area.

imagebam.com

So, six-pack ladies of the world, FMS says to you, this summer, bare your magnificent midsections! Show the world your musclelicious midriffs. Let's 'ave them abs out!

[You may be thinking that the only reason I'm making this appeal is because I want (NEED!) to see more female muscle in my life. If you are, shame on you. Well, I'm not saying that's NOT a reason, but I do have more altruistic aims in mind here.]

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Get them out at home and it might turn on your boyfriend (or his brother, or their Dad), but that's about as far as it goes. Get them out in the gym and you may inspire another woman. Isn't that better? Well, check this out, get them out in the street and by the law of averages you'll inspire a lot more women who have never been near a gym (or have and gave up on January 7th). They will go to the gym, seek you out for advice even. Make you feel even better about the amazing body you already feel very good about. And then there is the added bonus that the wannabes and the tubbies will be shamed into putting their inferior 'physiques' back under a layer at least. We all win.

imagebam.com

And while you are at it, you might, from time to time, look down at your own abs with that look, that look of love. After all, we wouldn't want anybody doubting how very very good it feels to be the woman walking down the street, all eyes upon you, proud and aroused in your muscular armour, showing off the rippling results of all that physical exertion and dietary discipline, your superior shredded abs.

If I can't convince you, maybe Bella Falconi can...

imagebam.com

"Oh look she’s got man's abs." Free yourself from labeling. It won’t make you better, not even prettier. If abs were for men, women wouldn’t be born with it or with the ability to work to achieve it. And I wear mine proudly. I sweated for it and this is the materialization of the battle 'me against my mind', which I obviously won and win everyday of my life. Weak are those who criticize. Strong are those who regardless of others’ opinion, keep working for their ideals with the right mind set: a champion’s attitude and champions don’t give up. Weakness is ugly. Abs aren’t.

Enjoy, and stay tuned for The Look of Love: Biceps coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. First thing that got me attracted by female bodybuilders was clearly their abs.
    I still have a special fondness for this body part....
    A beautiful woman with a sexy six-pack... There's nothing better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I like the idea of "My girlfriend's got washboard abs 24/7/365"
    Just turns me on completely :-)

    ReplyDelete