Wednesday 23 August 2017

FBBUK: Donna Murphy's Ambition



Runner-up in 2014, ex-Bikini competitor Donna had been among the favourites to take the tall Bodyfitness title at the UKBFF British finals back in 2015, but it was not to be. Some superb physiques, most notable Donna Murphy and Rebecca Maughan, didn’t make the top six as the judges took a firm stance against the more muscular competitors, noted John Plummer in his contest report. Maybe, mused FMS at the time, Donna would need to make another switch in division and move up to Physique before she got some love from the UKBFF judges again. Well, it's taken a while but...

imagebam.com

I was really motivated to do Physique, says Donna. I could really see that class going into the whole feminine muscle thing, which I love. To have size, and still be girly.

imagebam.com

Since last December, Donna has been under the wing of Mr Corinne Ingman, JP Petersen, and the results are, I think you will agree, impressive. [He's] had a HUGE impact on my bodybuilding, she says. Everything from my training to nutrition; from my self-belief and the way I approach prep to my health. And for the first time she's having to work out a routine. Something new to me but something I've fallen in love with, she says. Just music and me moving and getting creative. It's brought me a new aspect of Bodybuilding and reminded me how much I love being in a studio.

imagebam.com

As a British female muscle fan I can't help but be excited at the prospect of seeing her compete in Physique, and she would make a great British champion, not least because she has, I think, the same kind of star quality (though less naughtiness) as our current #1 pro Female Bodybuilder, Lisa Cross. The camera quite simply loves her.

imagebam.com

So only natural she should get together with premier female muscle photographer, film maker, and, we are proud to say, friend of the blog Rebecca Andrews. Ambition, as plugged by Donna in her intro to today's post, is the result of a match made in heaven.



Donna on Instagram.

Rebecca Andrews' website  (RAP Media) is currently under construction. In the meantime, check out her Facebook, Instagram and YouTube channel for more.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment