Sunday 5 May 2013

Biceps! Sophie Arvebrink

Young Guns

I remember the first time I walked into the gym. I was scared, I was skinny, and I was embarrassed. I thought it was so embarrassing. My goal was to look toned and beefy, and the road seemed long. Quite honestly, I felt it was impossibly long. As well as embarrassing. When the only thing I saw in the mirror was a tiny little girl, untrained. Luckily, a lot has happened since that day...
Sophie Arvebrink

Lucky indeed. For me and you, dear reader. Just look at how skinny little Sophie has transformed herself. But lucky for her? Well, I'd take issue with that. As Sophie says herself, she has earned her body by eating and training brutally hard.

imagebam.com
I have a new addiction alright #cantstop #fighting

'It's time for biceps today!' I think, and blast forward to the dumbbells. Starting to warm up a few sets, to bring up the pump and the circulation in his arms, I have a thick sweater on me. Until I get the pump in the arms I always have a thick, and not too revealing shirt on. For me it's suicide to get into the gym in the tank and stand in front of the mirror - small, thick and pale. No thanks! Instead, I wait and rip off my shirt mid-session, and get me a really awesome surprise! Veins and muscles that protrude in all directions...

imagebam.com

Sophie is on a mission for muscle, experimenting with different training techniques, evaluating the results, and honing her own workouts accordingly. Last year she reported that she had started training twice a day. Nothing unusual in that is there? Well, no, but Sophie was training the same muscle group twice a day - heavy weights for low reps in the morning, low weights and high reps to total failure later in the day. I've tried to work out this way for a few days now, and the muscles that I have had time to train have just exploded! she said.

imagebam.com

By her own admission, Sophie's biceps are not quite yet where she would like them, but seeing her favourite quote is FUCK IT LET’S GET BIGGER AND BETTER, we can't see any reason to doubt that she'll be sorting out that particular issue in the very near future, particularly when you also consider her training goal. I simply want to gain more muscle, she says. More muscle in the right places.

Doesn't she say all the right things?!

imagebam.com
On a scale of 0 to Jealous As Hell Of That Guy, I'd say I was pretty far from 0...

imagebam.com

Sophie, now 21 years old, lives and works as a personal trainer in Stockholm. You can follow all of her adventures via Facebook, Instagram, and her blog at Fitness Guru. She also has an absolutely cracking You Tube channel, the latest offering from which is right here for your viewing pleasure.



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. No way!!! I watched this video just before coming on your blog!!! Very impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete