Saturday 7 July 2018

The Sexhibitionists: Angie Gets Her Bod Back

For what must be about five years, uber-sexibitionist (and some time IFBB pro competitor) Angela Salvagno has struggled with digestive issues. They left her "feeling bloated and sick" every time she ate carbs, which is obviously far from ideal for a Bodybuilder. While it didn't stop her continuing to make her (rightly legendary) pay-per-view output, the thought of ever competing again or even returning to her (thrilling) more ripped look was, by her own admission, an impossible dream.

She tried all number of remedies. Raw fish every day was one I recall, nothing but "bone broth" for 10 days another. Neither of those or any of the diets she was advised to go on worked, at least until she found Florida Alternative Medicine. You don’t realize how lucky you are to be able to eat certain foods like veggies, rice, or any kind of carbs for that matter until it’s taken away from you, she wrote. That's when you realize eating those simple kinds of carbs was actually pretty damn amazing, and wish you could have that chance again. Florida Alternative Medicine changed my life. I've got that chance again, and I'm savouring every little bite.

If only for all the pleasure Angie has given me over the years, I was happy to hear she was healthy and enjoying eating again. But the effect of this new diet on her body has been nothing short of spectacular. And she loves it almost as much as I do.

imagebam.com

It's nice to finally see my abs ripped like I use to be able to, she announced recently. Them and my obliques as well! Veins too are popping out at unexpected times for unexpected reasons. It is, as she tells it, something like a miracle. Damn! she writes. Never thought a salad would give me veins in my abs but hey I’ll take it!

imagebam.com

Of course, Angie's social media is only ever a window onto what you can get for your dollars elsewhere, only ever the prelude to what you have to pay for, but it's also where she communicates most effectively with her wider fanbase, and the news is she's feeling so good she's going to compete at the Tampa Pro at the start of August...

This will be Angie's first contest since 2015 I believe, but the really exciting news is that unlike then, she won't be competing in Physique. Instead, and for the first time since she came 6th in Tampa in 2011, she'll be returning to Bodybuilding!

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com
Angie @Tampa Pro 2011

Until then, let's enjoy (some) of Angie's (unusually covered up, pre-ripped again) work with Awefilms in this recently posted preview: Why I Love Being A Muscle Girl.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment