Tuesday 13 May 2014

My Wife the FMG?!: Update

For the story so far, see Back Is Beautiful: My Wife the FMG?!

Six weeks on, and I have been truly gobsmacked by how many of you have got in touch asking about how the wife is progressing. Some of you have asked for pictures, and I'm sorry to disappoint you but that's not going to happen. I'm not offended by the question, but I think the only person who should share photos of my wife is my wife herself. However, I am happy to oblige your other requests for news about her progress, more than happy. Delighted in fact! I did warn you I wouldn't be able to shut up about this if all went well, and while in six weeks she hasn't miraculously developed a Danielle Reardon body (despite my daily prayers and offerings at the shrine of the goddess of female muscle), it is a case of so far, so very very good.

imagebam.com

She's been at the gym five days a week for six weeks. As she had no previous experience of lifting, her trainer (who is not unpleasant to look at by any means) made a program designed to build up her core strength first of all. She's been doing three sessions a week with light weights, alternating upper and lower body. So, in week one, she did two workouts for her upper body and one lower body, then in week two, two lower and one upper, and so on. Also she's had to do two cardio sessions a week - choosing from a number of different individual or group options.

And she's pretty much stuck to it. Work and the Easter holiday period have interfered a little with her regime, but in the whole six weeks she has only missed a handful of sessions. Quite frankly, she's inspiring ME to show more dedication, particularly to cardio, which in the past I have probably skipped more often than I've done it!

imagebam.com

Thankfully, the effort is paying off. There haven't been any spectacular changes to her body (more's the pity) but she is noticeably firmer all over. Her bottom, which has always been my favourite bit of her, is particularly responding. It's never been flabby, but there is most definitely a tightness there now that wasn't there before (yes, I have been inspecting it regularly and thoroughly). Her stomach is firmer and flatter, and for her this is the best thing about her progress so far, what she is most proud of. There's a little bit of definition on the sides of where (Insha'Allah) her six-pack will one day be, a bit like brackets (.) around her tummy. She's not quite at the level of any of the midriffs in the pictures today, but they've no doubt been at it a lot longer than she has.

She's not (yet) lifting heavy enough weights to have packed on any serious muscle, but there is some tone in the shoulders and arms, and I'm not the only one who has noticed. While we were staying with an old friend of mine and his wife over the May Bank Holiday weekend, my wife was talking about her new regime, and friend's wife (who, to put it politely, could do with losing a few pounds) couldn't stop talking about how 'fit' she looked and, on the Monday, when we were at the beach, how 'jealous' she was of her 'flat tummy'. And I'm sure you can imagine how I felt about that!

imagebam.com

However, the biggest and best change has not been a physical one at all. She is, without question, simply happier. And more comfortable with her body, more confident. This was obvious that weekend at the beach, but it's also been obvious elsewhere. She's wearing outfits she hasn't worn since she was in her twenties, including a couple of figure-hugging tops and a mini-skirt that I didn't even know she had. And (without wishing to go into too much detail) it's also been obvious in the bedroom (and bathroom, and lounge, and on the dining room table). As René Descartes might have said if his wife had pumped iron: she thinks she's sexier, and therefore she is.

imagebam.com

Which brings us (sort of) to by far your most popular question: Are you getting her to flex for you? Well sorry to disappoint you, but no, actually, I'm not. I haven't had to. She's feeling so good that she's doing it of her own accord. Bada bing!

I keep telling myself I must not do anything to diminish this new-found confidence. No showing her pictures of my favourite muscle babes - they might inspire her, but they might equally well give her the impression I don't like her body as it is. Instead, it's been reward after reward: gymwear, massages, tubs of whey, flowers, dinners...

At this rate I'll have to remortgage the house to pay for it all if she keeps it up, but I can't imagine I'll care too much about the debt I'm in when I'm waking up next to my very own future muscle goddess every single morning. Would you?

1 comment:

  1. Does not look like you got anything to complain about.... She might not be muscular hot but she is hot hot :) and At least you got someone to love :)

    On a side note I wish I had the money to spend 5 days a week at a gym :)

    ReplyDelete